How to work & build Titanium SDK on IOS without any IOS devices?

I was wondering if it is at least possible to develop simple IOS module without ios device or mac ?

Is there a full cloud based solution ?

One of the reason I ask is that I would like to be sure I find this interresting before buying anything related to ios, and see if I can make/works on android+ios modules

EDIT:
After hours of searching & testing, I found that a virtual MacOS may do the job if your computer have enough power. See this post for the whole process and required files : How to work & build Titanium SDK on IOS without any IOS devices? - #10 by DzzD

Note : You can even install the VM on another computer and use it by Windows remote Desktop

you’ll need xcode to build the app and that is only available for macs.
There is Xcode Cloud Overview - Apple Developer (beta) but I’m not sure if that might be an option.

Also check GitHub - quickemu-project/quickemu: Quickly create and run optimised Windows, macOS and Linux desktop virtual machines. if you can spin up a virtual osx machine!

Thanks,

Quickemu is interesting but seems complexe, I will look more on it.
XCode cloud seems to target only ios user.

Maybe I may rent a mac in the cloud but not sure it will enable everything I want/need : https://checkout.macincloud.com/

I have done some more research and found that it is possible to make Virtualbox to run a full Mac OS system, did someone ever tried ?

French article :

only used a hackintosh before to make my iOS builds. But it was always a trail&error path in updating it to the latest osx version. So I’ve bought an old intel MacbookAir at one point and use that now. Not the fastest but its still fine for testing, building and uploading iOS apps to the store.

I wont lie, my idea is to see if I can port TiGL to ios, but I don’t want to spend my life on it.

There are few Java classes and not a lot of works for someone knowing ios dev, it just require to translate Java classes one by one, the global structure & architecture is good.

My idea would be to make the module base (Proxy and base classes : Scene, Entity) and hope someone finish it. Who know, maybe myself if I took pleasure on developping with ios…

I got a brand new… MacOs VM !

Work nearly pretty well on my old computer. as I am going to buy a new one, I think it should do the job for my first steps in XCode

1 Like

awesome :+1: 12GB…wouldn’t have enought space on my notebook to use the VM + do the update :rofl:
Need to buy a new machine at some point (XPS 15 2022)

2 hours later ! but that’s finished

A lot more straightforward , fast and easy to understand. With links to all files required.

I finally switch to WMWare, installation was a lot easier and it seems to run a lot smoother than Virtualbox !

First XCode try :

Emulating an IOS device under a Virtual Mac OS make me puzzled

Tadam !

1 Like

awesome :+1: Titanium already working, too?

Not yet, next step ! but I was able to create, compile and run an application on IPhone simulator from XCode, so I am sure it will work

Suspense !

Application created

Damn, I am stuck on this :

Even If I have two simulator running with ios 15.5 …

try

If you have issues with XCode like Unable to find an iOS Simulator check Xcode preferences->locations->Command Line Tools and make sure it is set.

I was able to install my Titanium HelloWorld by command line and it worked, install and run fine :

It is set :